While AXA is the 1st insurance brand worldwide for the 8th consecutive year, holding the 46th position among the world's best brands across all industries while ALLIANZ, the second in the insurance ranking, is the 51st in the worldwide all-industries list.
According to Interbrands, AXA holds the 16th position in the top growing brands ranking, after Facebook (48% brand value's growth), Amazon (33%), LEGO (25%), Nissan, Adobe, Starbucks, Zara, MINI, Porshe, Mercedes-Benz, Huawei, Hermes, Adidas, PayPal, and Audi. In the same terms, ALLIANZ ranks 22nd.
According to the Interbrand's methodology, to be included in Best Global Brands, a brand must be truly global, having successfully transcended geographic and cultural boundaries. It will have expanded across the established economic centers of the world and entered the major growth markets. In measurable terms, this requires that:
- At least 30 percent of revenue must come from outside of the brand's home region.
- The brand must have a significant presence in Asia, Europe, and North America as well as broad geographic coverage in emerging markets.
- There must be sufficient publicly available data on the brand's financial performance.
- Economic profit must be expected to be positive over the longer term, delivering a return above the brand's cost of capital.
- The brand must have a public profile and awareness across the major economies of the world.