"In a context which will remain complex and volatile, we are announcing a renewed leadership team and a simpler organisation to accelerate the execution of our strategic priorities and to consolidate AXA's leadership across all our markets", said Thomas Buberl, CEO of AXA.
Thus, AXA's Corporate Center will move to a simpler and more focused organization, in line with the operating model launched in 2017, and led by two Deputy CEOs:
- Frederic de Courtois will join AXA, on August 1st, as Deputy CEO, in charge of Finance and Investments, Risk Management, Strategy, and Ceded Reinsurance.
- George Stansfield, Deputy CEO and Group General Secretary, in charge of Legal, Human Resources, Audit, Compliance and Public Affairs, will also oversee Communication, Brand and Sustainability.
- Etienne Bouas-Laurent, Group Chief Financial Officer, will become CEO of AXA Belgium, effective July 1st. He will replace Jef Van In who will take over a new transversal role to be announced shortly. Etienne Bouas-Laurent will also oversee activities in Luxembourg.
- Alban de Mailly Nesle, Group Chief Risk and Investment Officer, will become Group Chief Financial Officer while continuing to lead Group Investments, effective July 1st.
- Jacques de Peretti, Chairman and CEO of AXA France, will take up a new challenge serving as a Senior Advisor to the Group CEO to help drive key strategic initiatives across the Group and as a Board member of different AXA entities. Jacques de Peretti will remain a member of AXA's Management Committee.
- Patrick Cohen, CEO of AXA Italy, will be appointed CEO of AXA France, reporting to Thomas Buberl, effective May 3rd.
- Benoit Claveranne, CEO of AXA International & New Markets (INM), has decided to pursue new opportunities outside of the Group. Going forward, the African and Asian operations of INM will report to Gordon Watson, CEO of AXA Asia, and the other INM operations as well as AXA Partners and AXA Next will report to Antimo Perretta, CEO of AXA Europe.
Led by Thomas Buberl, AXA's Management Committee will be composed of 15 members going forward:
- George Stansfield, Deputy CEO and Group General Secretary, in charge of Legal, Human Resources, Audit, Compliance, Public Affairs, Communication, Brand and Sustainability,
- Frederic de Courtois, Deputy CEO, in charge of Finance and Investments, Risk Management, Strategy, and Ceded Reinsurance,
- Helen Browne, Group General Counsel,
- Patrick Cohen, CEO of AXA France,
- Ulrike Decoene, Group Chief Communication, Brand and Sustainability Officer,
- Georges Desvaux, Group Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer,
- Scott Gunter, CEO of AXA XL,
- Alban de Mailly Nesle, Group Chief Financial Officer,
- Marco Morelli, Executive Chairman of AXA Investment Managers,
- Jacques de Peretti, Senior Advisor,
- Antimo Perretta, CEO of AXA Europe,
- Karima Silvent, Group Chief Human Resources Officer,
- Astrid Stange, CEO of AXA Group Operations,
- Gordon Watson, CEO of AXA Asia.