AXA simplified its structure to 5 geographies and formed a new Management Committee
Upon introduction of the new operating model, the AXA Group will be organized based on 5 geographies (France, Europe, the US, Asia, and International), and a single, refocused Corporate Center (reduced from the three layers - head office, global business lines, regions - that exist today).
Key transversal entities will be managed alongside these 5 geographies, including AXA Investment Managers, AXA's core, fully-owned asset management unit, and AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA's large insurance risks business. The CEOs of AXA Investment Managers and AXA Corporate Solutions will report to AXA's Group CEO. As part of this simplification effort, in Europe, direct and traditional entities will report to the country CEO to accelerate the synergies between direct and traditional business.
This project has been presented to the Group's employees on October 17, and consultations with social partners have been launched in the relevant entities. AXA expects the new operating model to be effective in the first quarter of 2018.
Thus, a new Management Committee (effective from December 1st), reporting to Thomas BUBERL (Group CEO), was appointed, with the following members:
- Gerald HARLIN, Chief Financial Officer, who is appointed Deputy CEO, in addition to his current responsibilities;
- George STANSFIELD, General Secretary, who is appointed Deputy CEO, in addition to his current responsibilities;
- Benoit CLAVERANNE, who is appointed CEO International and New Markets;
- Mark PEARSON, CEO of AXA US;
- Jacques de PERETTI, Chairman and CEO of AXA France;
- Alban de Mailly NESLE, who remains Group Chief Risk Officer and takes on the additional responsibility of the new Group Insurance office;
- Antimo PERRETTA, who is appointed CEO Europe;
- Astrid STANGE, who is appointed Chief Operating Officer;
- Gordon WATSON, who will join the Management Committee on January 1st, 2018, in the role of CEO Asia.
The French insurer also announced the following senior appointments:
- Karima SILVENT, currently Human Resources director of AXA France, is appointed Group Human Resources director;
- Guillaume BORIE, currently Group Corporate Development director, is appointed Chief Innovation Officer.