BiH, 1Q2014: Life segment pushed the market up by 12.5%

26 June 2014 — Vlad BOLDIJAR
bosnia-statisticsAccording to the 1Q2014 financial figures published by the two market authorities which supervise the Bosnian insurance market (Insurance Supervisory Agency of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina - NADOS, and Insurance Agency of Republika Srpska - AZORS) - the local insurance industry totaled at the end of March 2014 almost EUR 70 million, or 12.5% more y-o-y.

Analyzing the figures, the market upswing was due the 28% increase in the life insurance segment, while the value of GWP in the non-life insurance segment was up by 9% y-o-y and accounted for 80.3% of the overall market.

The countries' GWP portfolio was formed mainly from MTPL insurance (41%), life policies (~19.7%) and motor hull insurance (9.6%).

The "geographical premiums portfolio" was dominated by the insurance companies which are registered in the FBiH - 73% of the total GWP (or EUR 50.9 million), the remaining 27% (EUR 18.8 million) being registered by the RS's insurers.

For the whole country, the strongest life insurer was MERKUR (25.6% market share), while SARAJEVO lead the non-life ranking, with a 16% market share.

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 1Q2014 Bosnian insurance market statistics.

BiH insurance market indicators (FBiH and RS insurance markets, added-up):
  • Market portfolio - GWP/Claims/Growth rates
  • Rankings - Total/life/non-life (GWP/Claims/Market shares/Growth rates)
FBiH insurance market indicators:
  • Market portfolio - GWP/Claims/Growth rates
  • Rankings - Total/life/non-life (GWP/Claims/Market shares/Growth rates)
RS insurance market indicators:
  • Market portfolio - GWP/Claims/Growth rates
  • Rankings - Total/life/non-life (GWP/Claims/Market shares/Growth rates)

3424 views
Share |