BiH: Positive dynamics in 3Q 2011

15 November 2011 — Vlad BOLDIJAR
BiH: Positive dynamics in 3Q 2011
The total value of gross written premiums of insurance companies active in the two administrative entities that make up Bosnia and Herzegovina (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska) stood, in the first nine months of this year, to EUR 190 million, up by 3.8% compared to January-Sptember 2010.

Also, 73.6% of total underwritings were made by the insurance companies which are registered in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), the remaining 26.4% being registered by the Republika Sprska's insurance companies (RS).

On insurance classes, about 15.5% of all businesses were generated by life insurance, the equivalent of EUR 29.3 million, the remaining 84.5% corresponding to general insurance.

From the general insurance classes, 12% of underwritings corresponded to property type (EUR 22.9 million) and 61% to motor insurance (Motor Hull and MTPL, added up) - the equivalent of EUR 115.5 million.

Other insurance class important for the portfolio of the insurance market in Bosnia was accidents insurance that generated more than 7.6% of the total profile market (EUR 14.5 million).

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 3Q2011 Bosnia and Herzegovina insurance market statistics.

BiH insurance market indicators (FBiH and RS insurance markets, added-up):
  • Market portfolio (in EUR and BAM)
  • Life and non-life insurance market rankings (GWP/ Market shares/Growth rates)
FBiH insurance market indicators:
  • Market portfolio (in EUR and BAM)
  • Life and non-life insurance market rankings (GWP/ Market shares/Growth rates)
RS insurance market indicators:
  • Market portfolio (in EUR and BAM)
  • Life and non-life insurance market rankings (GWP/ Market shares/Growth rates)

4287 views