One of the main common elements in this comparison are the insufficient preparedness and public action taken to mitigate them, as well as the significant insurance coverage gap. In both cases, the insurance industry may play a significant role not only in covering financial losses, but also in helping public authorities and other interested bodies to better asses and manage risks.
"IIF 2019 - PROPERTY INSURANCE - the 2 CAT Cs: climate and cyber", taking place on 9 April 2019 in Vienna, Austria, will address the above issues, also focusing on the role that the latest technologies may play in helping the industry to deal with the current and future challenges, thus better serving its customers.
Internationally-know insurance professionals who have already confirmed their presence at the event include:
- David FLANDRO, Global Head of Analytics, JLT Reinsurance Brokers Ltd, UK
- Laurent MARESCOT, Senior Director, RMS, Switzerland
- Danielle SMITH, Cyber expert, RMS, Swizerland
- Michael THELMEIER, International Insurance Consultant
- Nicoleta RADU, CEO, PAID Romania
- Alejandro Izuzquiza Ibanez de Aldecoa, Operations Director, Consorcio de Compensacion de Seguros, Spain
- Luke WATTS, Enterprise Risk Manager, RSA, UK