EIOPA: EEA insurers' assets amounted to EUR 11,385 billion by the end of 2017
Own funds and SCR main values were of:
- Total available own funds to meet the SCREUR 1,548,312.67 million
- Total available own funds to meet the MCREUR 1,513,948.31 million
- Total eligible own funds to meet the SCREUR 1,536,992.33 million
- Total eligible own funds to meet the MCREUR 1,453,740.91 million
- SCREUR 647,246.64 million
- MCREUR 226,820.72 million
Premiums written for non-life insurance (2006 submissions) amounted at the end of 2017 to EUR 567.4 billion, of which for gross direct business EUR 442.2 billion, for Gross - Proportional reinsurance accepted EUR 96.36 billion and Gross - Non-proportional reinsurance accepted EUR 28.28 billion. On the life insurance side, GWP amounted to EUR 836.12 billion.
The above data come from the latest quarterly statistics published by EIOPA. The European authority publishes statistics based on quantitative Solvency II reporting from insurance undertakings and groups in the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA). The statistics contain aggregated country level information about the balance sheet, own funds, capital requirements, premiums, claims and expenses and refer to the latest information available at the extraction date. Data are also presented at EEA level.
In addition to the regular statistics, for the first time EIOPA is publishing new exposure statistics on the European insurance sector. This new data contains:
- Detailed statistics on types of exposure as well as location of exposure both at European Economic Area and individual country level
- Clear asset classifications including government bonds, commercial bonds and equity
- Real estate exposures with a distinction between commercial and residential exposures
- Raw aggregated exposure data to enable more in-depth analysis by end-users