- Gross written premiums: EUR 5,050 million (+1.1%), of which:
- Germany L&H: EUR 2,315 million (-1.3%)
- Germany P&C: EUR 1,439 million (+6.7%)
- International: EUR 1,295 million (-0.4%)
- Net earned premiums: EUR 4,281 million (+1.8%)
- Technical result: EUR 179 million (+23.9%)
- Investment result: EUR 991 million (-11.2%)
- P&C combined ratio:
- Germany: 93.4% (-4.7 pp.)
- International: 95.2% (-0.2 pp.)
- Operating result: EUR 99 million (-27.9%)
- Net result: EUR 72 million (-14.7%)
The combined ratios are at a very pleasing level. The Property-casualty Germany segment improved significantly year on year to 93.4% (-4.7 pp.). This is attributable to an encouraging rise in earned premiums and positive loss experience with lower major-loss expenditure. ERGO International's combined ratio remained at a good level of 95.2% (-0.2 pp.). COVID-19 did not have any appreciable effects on underwriting in the first quarter.
Overall ERGO premium income across all lines rose by 1.7% to EUR 5,253 million. Gross premiums written likewise rose slightly, to EUR 5,050 million (+1%).