- Gross written premiums: EUR 17,650 million (-0.7%), of which:
- Germany Life & Health: EUR 9,238 million (-1.1%)
- Germany Property & Casualty: EUR 3,500 million (+3.6%)
- International: EUR 4,912 million (-2.9%)
- Technical result: EUR 745 million (-21.2%)
- Investment result: EUR 4,504 million (+59.0%)
- Operating result: EUR 1,391 million (+10.4%)
- Combined ratio Germany: 92.3% (-3.7 pp.)
- Combined ratio International: 94.3% (-0.3 pp.)
- Consolidated result: EUR 440 million (+22.6%)
ERGO Life and Health Germany reported a result of EUR 187 million (-291.7%). In the previous year, the segment result had benefited significantly from one-off effects. ERGO's operating result amounted to EUR 1,391 million (+10.3%).
Total premium income across all segments remained stable overall in 2019 at EUR 18,880 million (+1.0%), despite international portfolio optimization. Gross premiums written amounted to EUR 17,650 million (-0.7%); of this amount 52.3% was brought by German Life and Health branch, 19.8% by German Property and Casualty segment and the rest of 27.8% from the International business.
The combined ratios are at a very pleasing level. The Property-casualty Germany segment improved significantly to 92.3% (-3.7 pp.) due to operative improvements. The ratio in the International segment improved slightly to 94.3% (-0.3 pp.).