HUNGARY: insurance market down by 2% in 3Q2011

22 November 2011 — Vlad BOLDIJAR
HUNGARY: insurance market down by 2% in 3Q2011
Total underwritings' volume of the Hungarian insurance market stood, by the end of September 2011, at HUF 623.4 billion (EUR 2.1 billion), 2.2% less than in 3Q 2010 - show data published by the Association of Hungarian Insurance Companies (MABISZ).

In the consolidated market portfolio life insurance accounted for a 52% share, while the remaining 48% came from the non-life insurance business lines. Meanwhile, property insurance generated 19% (EUR 412 million) of total sales, while motor policies (Motor Hull and MTPL) represented 22% in the overall market portfolio, of which 13% - mandatory MTPL insurance.

According to data submitted by MABISZ, the first three positions in the life insurers top, by the underwritings volume, are held by the companies ING, ALLIANZ and GROUPAMA (which together account for 40% of the total market), while on the general insurance segment, Top 3 companies consists of ALLIANZ, GENERALI-PROVIDENCIA and GROUPAMA (58% of the total market).

Access and download the Hungarian insurance market statistics.

Market portfolio (in EUR and HUF):
  • Gross written premiums
  • Growth rates
Market rankings (GWP/ Market shares/Growth rates - in EUR and HUF):
  • Overall market ranking
  • Life insurance ranking
  • Unit-linked insurance ranking
  • Non-life insurance ranking
  • MTPL insurance ranking