15 February 2017
For the CEE insurance markets, motor insurance remains both the most attractive and the most challenging line of business. Highly competitive, these markets have been for many years confronted with a rough price war and a scarce profitability. However, good practice examples are not lacking, demonstrating that profitability is an achievable goal even in the emerging markets.
New European legislation, the customers' changing behaviour in the social media era, as well as the fast developing and somehow disruptive digitalization of the industry are once again challenging motor insurers. The conference will assess the effects of each of these factors have on the current motor insurance business, as well as the opportunities and associate challenges they are raising for the immediate and medium term future of the industry.
IIF 2017 - New challenges for the CEE motor insurance industry is a top level environment for exchanging business insights on essential issues of the motor insurance industry. The event is completely organized for and by professionals, ensuring the highest quality program in all aspects.
Pricing, sales and after sales servicing in the CEE motor insurance market
- Impact of the changing European legislation on the motor insurance business
- The pricing dilemma under Solvency II - where is the correct balance between risk pricing and affordability
- Impact of IDD on the motor insurance distribution
- Consumer protection issues in motor insurance
- Competing for customers in a price-sensitive market: competitive pricing vs. quality services
- Future trends - how to make the shift from insurance provider to "road partner"
How to deal with increasing claims ratios?
- Bodily injuries - challenge of the 21st century for insurers?
- Pain & suffering - is there enough coherence in the legislation?
- Evaluating non-material motor claims. Case studie
Motor insurance digitalization in the CEE - whereto?
- Using digital to better engage customers
- Digital technologies in support of the price optimization
- Better matching clients and offers
- Optimizing back office processes to allow lower operating costs
- Reducing the insurance fraud burden
- IoT and telematics: where to start from in an emergent market?
- Digitalization solutions - paving the way towards value added propositions
08:30 - 09:00 - Registration & Welcome Coffee
The Organizers can modify and improve the program without prior notice. Any change will be notified in due time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE REGISTRATION AND THE ATTENDANCE TO THE EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT:
Mrs. Georgiana OPREA
Phone: 0040 21 252.46.71 / 252.46.72
Fax: 0040 21 252.46.73
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PROMOTING YOUR COMPANY, PLEASE CONTACT
Mr. Alexandru D. CIUNCAN
Phone: 0040 21 252 46 71 / 252 46 72
Fax: 0040 21 252 46 73