A market in a fast and strong recovery process, striving to develop new growth paths - this is the picture that comes in mind when looking to the latest results achieved by the Azeri insurers. In 2018, according to data published by the Financial Market Supervisory Authority of Azerbaijan (FIMSA), GWP by the local insurance market reached almost AZN 728 million (+30.7% y-o-y). In European currency, thanks to the Azeri Manat appreciation against Euro, the market results look much more impressive, increasing to EUR 373 million (+36.36% y-o-y growth).
Developing several mandatory insurance lines, as well as reforming the agricultural insurance system or taking steps to the market's digitalization and general modernization are the main growth solutions that will be discussed on the occasion of the 2019 edition of the Conference "Insurance in Azerbaijan: Trends & Opportunities", 28 June 2019, Hilton Hotel, Baku, Azerbaijan.
The event is organized by XPRIMM and AIA - Azerbaijan Insurers Association, with the official support of the Financial Market Supervisory Authority of Azerbaijan and CIB-Compulsory Insurance Bureau, as co-organizer.
Top re/insurance professionals from Europe, Russia & CIS, Caucasus Region, Turkey and Middle East countries will discuss the latest trends in the region, aiming to shed light on the means to boost the Azeri markets' development, as well as strengthening business partnerships, capitalizing on the opportunities raised by the market modernization.
- Vasilis KATSIPIS, General Manager, Market Development, A.M. Best, United Arab Emirates
- (tba), Insurance Arbitration Commission of Turkey
- Catherine HOCK, Vice-President, International Relations the International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF), UK
- Michael THEILMEIER, Re/insurance Consultant, Germany
- Alla MIGASHKO, Senior Reinsurance broker, Aon Benfield, Czech Republic
- Fuad KULIYEV, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, AZ Re, Azerbaijan
- Alexander DENTON, Partnerships Development Manager - Europe, Middle-East & Africa, AXA - Global Healthcare, UK
- Gepa JANSEN - KLAUS, Senior Client Manager, Vicepresident Russia & CIS, Swiss Re
- Menekse UCAROGLU, General Manager, IUC - Istanbul Underwriting Center
- Berk BACAKOĞLU, Chief Information Officer, SBM- Insurance Information and Monitoring Center, Turkey
- Asif JOHN, Co-Chair of Data Science Collaboration, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, London; Founder & CEO, AMJ Global Solutions, UK
- Tudor GALOS, Senior Consultant, TG Consulting, Romania
Online registration is already available at http://www.xprimmevents.com/registration/.