Lloyd's of London mentioned donations include:
- GBP 5 million to the Association of British Insurers COVID-19 Support Fund, benefiting the National Emergencies Trust supporting UK charities impacted by the pandemic.
- GBP 3 million to 114 charities nominated by Corporation colleagues across the globe.
- GBP 2 million to existing charity partners and organisations best placed to respond to the impact of the pandemic including the Trussell Trust, Centrepoint and The Mental Health Foundation.
- GBP 1 million to 37 projects supported by Lloyd's global offices.
- GBP 1 million additional donation for the Lloyd's Market Charity Awards to celebrate the efforts of individuals working in the Lloyd's market.
John NEAL, Lloyd's CEO said:
"If you ask a charity what they need right now, it is unrestricted emergency funding to ensure their organisation can not only survive, but crucially continue to provide vital services to communities around the world. As charities face extreme financial constraints during a time where demand for their services continue to rise, we are humbled to be able to support them in this way as they care for those most vulnerable."
Lloyd's has also donated 20,000 face masks and 10,000+ meals and snacks to 17 front-line charities and hospitals in the UK, as well as encouraging employees to volunteer locally to support the COVID-19 response and recovery efforts.