MMC posts double-digit growth in operating income for the seventh consecutive year

11 February 2015 — Vlad BOLDIJAR
MARSH & MCLENNAN Companies (MMC) reported for the fourth quarter 2014 consolidated revenue of USD 3.2 billion, representing an increase of 4% compared with Q4 2013, while the operating income rose 10% to USD 536 million, compared with USD 489 million in the prior year period. For the full year 2014, the net income increased to USD 2.3 billion (vs. USD 2.1 billion in 2013), while the consolidated revenue was USD 13 billion, or 6% more y-o-y.

"For the year, MARSH & MCLENNAN Companies' results were excellent. On a consolidated basis, adjusted operating income grew 10%, our seventh consecutive year of double-digit growth, while the adjusted margin increased 70 basis points to 18.1%", said Dan GLASER, President and CEO.

In Q4 2014, for the risk and insurance services, the insurance broker MARSH's revenue was USD 1.5 billion (4% more y-o-y), while reinsurance broker GUY CARPENTER's revenue was USD 212 million, showing an increase of 1% y-o-y. Overall, in the fourth quarter of 2014, risk and insurance services revenue was USD 1.7 billion (4% more), while for the year 2014 revenue was USD 6.9 billion (5% more).

In the fourth quarter 2014, total revenue reported for the consulting sector, which includes MERCER and OLIVER WYMAN Group, was USD 1.6 billion (5% more y-o-y): MERCER's revenue was USD 1.1 billion (2% more), while OLIVER WYMAN Group's revenue was USD 460 million (12% more). For the year, total revenue for the consulting sector was USD 6.1 billion, representing an increase of 6% compared with 2013.

Read the full report here.

1534 views
Share |