- On the recommendation of the KBC Group Nomination Committee, the Board of Directors has appointed Peter Andronov, the current CEO of UBB and Country CEO for Bulgaria, to the Executive Committee and successor to Luc Popelier as CEO of the International Markets Business Unit. Peter will also oversee KBC Asset Management.
- The active career at KBC of Daniel Falque, the current CEO of the Belgium Business Unit, will end on 6 May 2021. Daniel has now decided to pursue other interests in the future after having spent 12 years at KBC as CEO of CBC Banque (2009-2012) and CEO of the KBC Belgium Business Unit and member of the Executive Committee of KBC Group (2012-present).
- On the recommendation of the KBC Group Nomination Committee, the Board of Directors has appointed David Moucheron, the current CEO of K&H Bank & Insurance and Country CEO for Hungary, to the KBC Group Executive Committee and successor to Daniel Falque as CEO of the Belgium Business Unit.
- The appointments of Luc Popelier, Peter Andronov and David Moucheron have all been approved by the European Central Bank and National Bank of Belgium.
- David Moucheron will be succeeded as CEO of K&H Bank & Insurance and Country CEO for Hungary by Guy Libot, the current Senior General Manager of Group Finance at KBC Group, subject to the approval of the Hungarian regulator.
- Peter Andronov will be succeeded as CEO of UBB and Country CEO for Bulgaria by Peter Roebben, the current CEO of KBC Bank Ireland, subject to the approval of the Bulgarian regulator.
- Peter Roebben will be succeeded as CEO of KBC Bank Ireland by Ales Blazek, the current Head of Data and Strategy at CSOB in the Czech Republic Business Unit of KBC Group, subject to approval of the Irish regulator.
Koenraad Debackere, Chairman of the Board of Directors of KBC Group, commented as follows on the announced appointments and changes: 'On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to sincerely thank Rik Scheerlinck for his tireless commitment to our group in his different roles and at various entities in Belgium and abroad, as well as for all his efforts in building and nurturing the strong relationships with the investor and financial analyst community in more recent years.
We are convinced that Luc Popelier, who was the group's CFO between 2011 and 2017 and who has built up extensive international experience, will be a solid successor to Rik. We have no doubt that Peter Andronov and David Moucheron will likewise be major assets to the Executive Committee. We are convinced they are the right people to continue the successful development of our business in the International Markets Business Unit and Belgium Business Unit in these challenging times.
We can assure our customers, staff, shareholders and all other stakeholders that our company is in good hands. The Executive Committee has all the knowledge and talent it needs to confidently address the many changes the financial industry is going through and to deal astutely and correctly with the many challenges facing our group.
The Board of Directors also wishes to express its deep appreciation to Daniel Falque who, with unconditional dedication to the group, has successfully led the growth and digital transformation of our Belgian activities in recent years.'
Johan Thijs, KBC Group CEO added the following: 'I have worked closely with Rik in the Executive Committee for several years now. My colleagues and I are extremely grateful to him for his years of dedication in his various roles, and for his support, unconditional commitment and important contribution to our group's development. Rik is an excellent colleague, an authentic leader and a real team player, whose dedication is widely appreciated within the group. We wish Rik all the very best now that he will have more time for himself and his family after an active career of 37 years.
I'm also delighted that Luc Popelier has agreed to take over from Rik as CFO. Having experienced Luc as a top CFO between 2011 and 2017, he is the right man to guarantee continuity for investors and financial analysts alike.'
Detailed CVs of all the nominees for new positions in the KBC's Executive Committee are available on the Group's website. CVs and photographs of the members of the KBC Group Executive Committee can be found in the Corporate Governance section of www.kbc.com.