POLAND: PZU Group successfully completed a pilot project of using A.I. in handling motor damage

11 April 2019 —
Poland-based PZU Group announced that progress was realized on their PZU GO service, an innovative technology, which will support the insurer's employees and experts in motor claim handling. The time necessary for claim handling will be significantly shorten through the software.

The pilot phase of the project of using artificial intelligence (A.I.) has ended successfully. It consisted in testing and implementing machine learning and automatic image analysis (real-time computer vision) in the process of handling communication damage. The project is being developed by PZU in cooperation with a European startup.

The cost estimates and photo documentation of over 20,000 motor damage were analyzed during the pilot phase. With the help of this data, A.I. algorithms implemented by PZU were able not only to analyze photos documenting damage, but also to name a specific part of the car, determine the extent of damage and qualify the need for repair/replacement of a given component.

The A.I. needs only 30 seconds to analyze the technical documentation. In addition, the solution used will allow insurance customers to select 90% of the documentation, the remaining 10% documentation requiring additional expertise, carried out by PZU employees.

The PZU Group is interested in cooperating and is looking for startups offering solutions in three areas, including the use of large data sets, digitalization and new interactions with its clients.

More informations can be found on PZU.pl .