RUSSIA, 1H2013: GWP up 13% to EUR 11.4 billion

5 September 2013 —
rusia1Gross written premiums volume reported by insurers Russia in 1H2013 amounted to RUB 467.5 billion (EUR 10.62 billion), 13% more than a year earlier, according to the financial data from the National Service of Financial Market of Russia (FSFR), reported by info.ru.

In terms of paid claims, the increase was equal to 15.3%, up to RUB 194.4 billion (EUR 4.8 billion). Approximately 80.2% of the total written premiums came from voluntary insurance, the rest of 19.8% were related to mandatory policies.

Property insurance accounted for 46.9% of premiums. Personal insurance accounted 25.5%, life insurance - 7.8% and the general liability insurance - 3%. Moreover, MTPL segment has reached RUB 62.98 billion (EUR 1.5 billion), representing an increase of 10.2% compared to the same period of last year.

According to the data from FSFR, on the 30th June 2013, there were 454 insurance companies active on the Russian insurance market, 15 less than at the beginning of the year.

2421 views
Share |