STATISTICS: ALBANIA, 3Q2020: Insurers' GWP down by 6.54% y-o-y

5 November 2020 — Andrei Victor
Albanian 3Q2020 GWP amounted to over ALL 11,999 million (EUR 96.73 million), or 6.54% less compared to January-September 2019, according to the quarterly figures published by Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AFSA).

In the period January-September 2020, the number of concluded insurance contracts reached 693,507 registering a decrease of 30.10% compared 3Q2019.

The insurance market continued to be oriented towards non-life insurance, which brought 93.18% share of the total premium volume, leaving life insurance with 6.81% share of the total premium volume.

Seen from the market segmentation perspective by the following insurance types: compulsory and voluntary, the voluntary insurance written premiums account for 37.08% and compulsory insurance written premiums account for 62.92% of the total market.

In the period January-September 2020, gross paid claims in insurance market amounted to about ALL 5,572 million (EUR 44.92 million), or 30.27% more compared to January-September 2019.


Access XPRIMM Database and download the latest Albanian insurance market statistics (in EUR and ALL).


820 views
Share |