STATISTICS: MONTENEGRO, FY2017: GRAWE and LOVCEN lead the market rankings

The insurance market of Montenegro totalled EUR 81.77 million at the end of 2017, representing an annual increase of 2.00%, according to the preliminary figures published on the ISA's web-site.

The non-life insurance segment had the largest contribution to the aggregate figure, reporting GWP of EUR 67.61 million (82.68% of total GWP), while the life sector accounted for the remaining 17.32%, or EUR 14.16 million.

The total of paid claims during year 2017 was EUR 35.70 million or 4.46% more y-o-y. Most of the gross paid claims were related to motor insurance classes, about EUR 16.14 million or 45.21% of total gross paid claims, of which EUR 12.70 million - the value of paid claims for MTPL policies.

The three local units of Austrian insurance groups GRAWE, VIG and UNIQA (GRAWE osiguranje, WIENER STAEDITCSHE zivotno osiguranje and UNIQA zivotno osiguranje) were the Top 3 largest life insurers as GWP - and accounted an aggregate market share of 82.94%.

With an aggregated market share of 62.94%, the two Slovene insurers - LOVCEN Osiguranje (member of TRIGLAV Group) and the local unit of SAVA Re- SAVA Montenegro - lead the non-life ranking.

Access www.xprimm.com and download the FY2017 Montenegrin insurance market statistics.

Market portfolio:

  • Gross written premiums
  • Claims
  • Growth rates
Market rankings (Life and non-life insurance):

  • Gross written premiums
  • Market shares
  • Growth rates

Related articles

STATISTICS: MONTENEGRO, FY2016: Austrian and Slovene insurers lead the market rankings

The Montenegrin market reported a 4.2% y-o-y growth in FY2016 GWP, to EUR 80.1 million, according to the preliminary figures published on the ISA's web-site. The non-life insurance segment had the largest contribution to the aggregate figure, reporting GWP of EUR 66.5 million (83% of total GWP), while the life sector accounted for the remaining 17%, or EUR 13.7 million.

2017-02-09

STATISTICS: Montenegrin market up by 3.5% at the end of the third quarter

In 3Q2016, the Montenegrin insurance market totaled almost EUR 60 million, a 3.5% increase y-o-y, as the Insurance Supervision Agency has reported. Compared with September 2015, non-life insurance premium was up by 3.3% (to EUR 50.1 million), while the life insurance GWP grew by 4.2% (to EUR 9.2 million).

2016-11-10

ON THE MOVE

Zurich: leadership transition in EMEA business

Currently group CEO of AXA UK and Ireland, Amanda BLANC will also join the executive committee at ZURICH, with the handover scheduled to complete in the fourth quarter of 2018. BLANC is to succeed Gary SHAUGHNESSY as CEO of ZURICH Insurance's EMEA business.

12.04.2018

TOP EVENT

What re/insurance professionals are already on FIAR 2018's list of speakers?

Specialists from ICMIF - International Cooperative Mutual Insurance Federation and PensionsEurope, representatives of national insurance associations from Austria and Turkey, as well as professionals representing SWISS Re, GEN Re and AUDATEX are just a few of the speakers who have already confirmed their presence at FIAR 2018 - The International Insurance-Reinsurance Forum.

19.04.2018

photodune-3834701-laughing-girl-xs

LIVE: Moscow, Russia: The XXII International Reinsurance Conference

The XXII International Reinsurance Conference has started today in Moscow, organized by Delovoy Format, with the support of the Russian Insurers Association. XPRIMM, the traditional Media Partner of the conference, has launched on the occasion the latest edition of its Insurance Profile Russia, providing for 2017 insurance statistical data.

11.04.2018

photodune-3834701-laughing-girl-xs

The 4th edition of the European Consumer Protection Conference: Main conclusions

The European Consumer Protection Conference, taking place on Thursday, 22 March, in Prague, brought into debate the consumer environment in the current European regulatory and economic landscape, the upcoming legislative changes that will benefit consumers and users of insurance and private pension products, as well as digitalization and the impact of technological advances in the field of financial services.

22.03.2018

See all