STATISTICS: Macedonia, 3Q2018: Local insurance market expanded to EUR 120 million

Macedonian insurers nine-months 2018 aggregate GWP amounted MKD 7.4 billion (~EUR 120 million), 8.9% more y-o-y, according to the market figures provided by the Insurance Supervision Agency of Macedonia.

Non-life GWP dominated the market portfolio accounting more than 85% of the total GWP (MKD 6.3 billion, or EUR 102 million), the remaining share of 15% being represented by the life insurance segment: GWP of MKD 1.1 billion (EUR 18 million).

Non-life sub-classes with a dominant share were MTPL (44% of total), property (17.8%), MoD (8%) and GTPL (2.3%).

TRIGLAV (18.1% market share), EUROLINK (13.3%) and MAKEDONIJA (11.6%) were the largest non-life insurers, while CROATIA (45.9%) and GRAWE (30.9%) and WINNER VIG (16.2%) were the top 3 life insurers.

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 3Q2018 Macedonian insurance market statistics.

Follow XPRIMM Publications on LinkedIn, for more data on the insurance and financial industry.

Share |

Related articles

SAVA Re entered the Macedonian pension market

Slovenian SAVA Re announced it got the approval from the Macedonian Agency for Supervision of Fully Funded Pension Insurance (MAPAS) and the required approvals from other competition authorities for the acquisition of NLB Nov penziski fond AD Skopje.

2018-03-15

ON THE MOVE

Peter CLARKE named VP & COO of FAIRFAX

FAIRFAX Financial Holdings Limited announced that Peter CLARKE has been appointed Vice President (VP) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of FAIRFAX, reporting to FAIRFAX President, Paul RIVETT.

12.02.2019

ERGO Group appoints a Polish manager

Adam ROMAN, board member of Ergo Hestia (Poland), will hold the position of Head of Global P&C of the ERGO group, effective 1 March. His tasks will include supervision over property insurance of the group in the areas of underwriting, actuarial and pricing, as well as reinsurance.

07.02.2019

TOP EVENT

Inclusive Insurance - a creative solution to narrow the protection gap in the emerging markets of the Southeastern Europe

Insurance should be accessible to all social classes, regardless of their wealth & income status. Products offered today are conventional insurance products, largely inspired from the developed markets as "one-size-fits-all" solutions, affordable to only middle- and high-income clients in the Eastern Europe's emerging & developing markets. Inclusive insurance's goal is making insurance available to all, with responsible insurance offers, thus making up for a solution to narrow the insurance coverage gap in the region.

14.02.2019

Latest trends and challenges in the property and motor insurance lines under scrutiny, in Vienna

Property and motor insurance lines are providing for about 75% of the non-life insurance business in the CEE region, but are responsible for over 77% of the claims expenses. As such, although other classes of risks are emerging, for the time being and most probably for a rather long period ahead, property and motor insurance lines will continue to be at the heart of CEE's insurance market architecture.

14.02.2019

FIAR 2019: Register before 28 February and save EUR 400 of the attendance fee

To the satisfaction of its traditional guests, FIAR returns in 2019 to its historical hometown, Sinaia. The forthcoming edition will benefit from the comfort and professional facilities of a new venue, the Conference Center of the International Hotel ****, located in the heart of the beautiful mountain resort. Registration is opened at a significantly discounted early bird rate until 28 February.

10.01.2019

See all