STATISTICS: SERBIA, 3Q2015: Two insurers controls more than half the market

In January-September 2015, the Serbian insurance market totaled RSD 60.6 billion (EUR 506 million), up by 18%, according to the data published by the National Bank of Serbia. At the same time, the value of paid claims increased by 10.6% y-o-y to RSD 22 billion (EUR 185 million).

The share of non-life GWP in total premiums was 78.5%, while the remaining 21.5% was accounted by the life insurance sub-classes.

Analyzing the non-life insurance premium structure, MTPL accounted for the largest share of total GWP (35.8%), followed by property insurance (20.4%) and motor hull (7.8%).

The market ranking was dominated by the state owned DUNAV Osiguranje and GENERALI Osiguranje. The two mentioned insurers accounted together for more than half of total GWP - 50.4%. Top 5 was completed by the Novi Sad based - DDOR (part of the Gruppo Assicurativo UNIPOL group), WIENER (member of Austrian VIG) and UNIQA Nezivot - with the top 5 covering 77% of the market.

At the end of 3Q2015, 20 insurance companies were activating on the insurance market in Serbia: five specialized life insurers, nine non-life insurers, and six composite companies.

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 3Q2015 Serbian insurance market statistics.

Market portfolio (in EUR and RSD):
  • Gross written premiums
  • Paid claims
  • Growth rates
Market rankings (GWP/Claims/Market shares - in EUR and RSD):
  • Total market ranking
  • Life insurance ranking
  • Non-life insurance ranking

Follow XPRIMM Publications on LinkedIn, for more data on the insurance and financial industry.

Share |

Related articles

A.M. Best assigns credit ratings to Dunav Re Company a.d.o. Belgrade

A.M. Best has assigned a Financial Strength Rating of B (Fair) and a Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating of "bb+" to Dunav Re Company a.d.o. Belgrade (Dunav Re) (Serbia), a subsidiary of Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c. Belgrade. (Dunav), a multi-line insurer operating in Serbia.

2018-08-20

STATISTICS: SERBIA, FY2017: positive trend in business; changes in preparation of the regulatory side

Serbian insurance market ended 2017 with FWP worth EUR 785.8 million, 8.8% up y-o-y, a result supported in part also by the Serbian Dinar appreciation against the European currency. In local currency, the GWP growth was of only 4.4%. Most of the market growth came from the non-life insurance side, which saw a 11% increase in premiums, thus raising its weight in the market portfolio by about 1.5 percentage points.

2018-05-03

ON THE MOVE

GENERALI Group results for year 2018

In 2018, GENERALI Group operating result reached EUR 4,857 million (+3.0%), with a net profit of EUR 2,309 mil. (+9.4%). The total gross written premiums (GWP) of the Group amounted EUR 66,691 mil. (+4.9%).

14.03.2019

MetLife announced leadership changes as part of CEO transition

MetLife announced a series of changes to its senior leadership ranks in connection with its CEO transition, all of which are effective May 1, 2019. In January 2019, the BoD announced that Michel KHALAF, President, U.S. Business and EMEA, will become MetLife's President, CEO and Member of the Board effective May 1, replacing Steven KANDARIAN, who is retiring.

14.03.2019

HANNOVER RE launches an insurtech innovation platform

Germany-based Hannover Re launched a platform designed to bring the insurance companies and insurtech innovators closer. Through the "hr | equarium" platform, Hannover Re wants to facilitate the connection between supply and the demand for insurtech solutions, taking advantage of its worldwide spread.

14.03.2019

TOP EVENT

Conclusions: TBILISI - the first Georgian International Insurance Conference

Today takes place in Tbilisi the first Georgian International Insurance Conference, an event that will put under scrutiny the current status and the future development perspectives of the local market, in an attempt of identifying the main growth opportunities. The forthcoming launch of the mandatory MTPL system is the most important topic on the agenda, as this new line of business has the potential to provide for a significant growth, but also to become a market disruptor.

14.03.2019

Motor insurance - becoming more financially efficient and consumer friendly

Under the strong pressure put by the technological evolution, the motor insurance business is rapidly changing, both in operational terms and, most visible, in the way insurers are interacting with their customers. Step by step, the insurers' relationship with customers evolves from simply indemnifying insureds for the losses suffered because of road incidents, to helping them prevent incidents and rapidly recover after the accidents that couldn't be avoided.

27.02.2019

See all