STATISTICS:

STATISTICS: UZBEKISTAN, 1Q: Market growth by 22% while the value of paid claims doubled

In the first three months of 2015, the aggregate volume of GWP reported by the Uzbek insurers was of UZS 135 billion (or EUR 50 million), up by almost 22% y-o-y, according to the market data provided by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan. At the same time, claims paid for all types of insurance more than doubled and amounted to UZS 31.2 billion (EUR 11.5 million), up by 114.8% y-o-y.

By types of insurances, the share of voluntary policies decreased by 1.63 pp to 66.1%, while the mandatory classes accounted for the remaining 33.89%.

The Top 5 Uzbek insurers (in terms of GWP) generate about 56.8% of the total market as follows: UZAGROSUGURTA (20.55%), UZBEKINVEST (11.20%), ALFA Invest (9.88%), KAFOLAT (8.97) and ALSKOM (6.25%).

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 1Q2015 Uzbek insurance market statistics.

Follow XPRIMM Publications on LinkedIn, for more data on the insurance and financial industry.

Share |

Related articles

UZBEKISTAN: Premium of GROSS INSURANCE went up by 144.3% y-o-y

Premiums of GROSS INSURANCE for the first half of 2018 exceeded UZS 78.5 billion*, which is 144.3% more than a year ago. Among 27 local insurers, GROSS INSURANCE ranks 3rd in terms of generated premiums, as data of the Ministry of Finance of Uzbekistan show.

2018-09-05

ON THE MOVE

ALLIANZ announced three executives appointments

German insurance Group ALLIANZ announced three senior leadership appointments at ALLIANZ DIGITAL Health, ALLIANZ Private Krankenversicherung and Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE.

18.01.2019

TOP EVENT

Inclusive insurance on the agenda of the second CEE & SEE - Regional Actuarial Insurance Conference in Skopje, Macedonia

Insurance should be accessible to all social classes, regardless of their wealth and income status. Products offered today are conventional insurance products, largely inspired from the developed markets as "one-size-fits-all" solutions, affordable to only middle- and high-income clients in the Eastern Europe's emerging & developing markets. The low insurance penetration rates across the region show the need for another approach.

10.01.2019

Reducing the risks in agriculture by using insurance means, discussed in Skopje

On November 1st, an Agricultural insurance conference took place in Skopje, Macedonia, organized by the Insurance Supervision Agency in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy. Drawing attention to the necessity of reducing the risks in agriculture by using insurance was the event's main purpose.

06.11.2018

IIF 2018 - Insurance in a DIGITAL WORLD

Emmanuel DJENGUE, Innovation Director, Europe - RGAX, Spain is the Keynote Speaker at IIF 2018 - Insurance in a DIGITAL WORLD Conference in Bucharest, on November 27.

05.11.2018

See all