Local and foreign insurance and reinsurance companies, brokers, IT providers, along with representatives of the public authorities, supervisory bodies, financial institutions and professional insurers and brokers' associations are invited to gather their efforts and share knowledge to support future sustainable development of the insurance sector and thus increase its role for the local economy.
The conference will focus on several topics among which there are: challenges of the transition to a risk-based supervisory system, as well as the most valuable lessons learned from the Solvency II regime implementation in the EU insurance markets; the growth opportunities of the local insurance market; the perspectives of the motor insurance business sector in Georgia; the benefits and risks of digitalization in insurance.
The event will align a team of well known international speakers, among which:
- Karel van HULLE, Professor, KU Leuven - Goethe University Frankfurt
- Gerhard LAHNER, Member of the Management Board, VIG
- Peter BRAUMULLER, Managing Director, Insurance and Pension Supervision at the Austrian. Financial Market Authority (FMA)
- Gorazd CIBEJ, Director, Insurance Supervision Agency Slovenia
- Vasilis KATSIPIS, General Manager, Market Development. A.M. BEST, MENA South and Central Asia
- Michael THEIMEIER, Re/Insurance Expert