TRANSSIB Re increased its reinsurance premiums by 24.3% in the third quarter

19 November 2015 — Olesea ADONEV
The volume of the reinsurance premiums collected by TRANSSIB Re (Russia) reached RUB 810 million in the third quarter of 2015, 24.3% more than in the previous period of 2014, according to the reinsurer's statement.

At the same time, the total volume of the reinsurance claims paid by the TRANSSIB Re totaled RUB 460.8 million, up by 16.2% compared with 3Q2014, while claims ratio was 56.9%.

During the recent years the reinsurer's portfolio remained de facto unchanged, except the growth of property reinsurance to 91%, equivalent of RUB 740 million. The share of Liability line in the reinsurance company's portfolio was 4% or RUB 30 million and 5% (RUB 40 million) represented Personal insurance.

Geographical structure of company's portfolio in terms of premiums remained unchanged, thus the share of foreign business amounted 44%. In terms of claims, the share of paid claims for Russian partners was 68% and the remaining 32% for foreign companies.

Exchange rate for calculations: 1EUR = 61.5206 RUB (June 30th, 2015).

Share |