The first day's debates, chaired by Mariusz WICHTOWSKI, President, Council of Bureaux, started with a section dedicated to the current status of the Caucasus insurance market. The first panel included presentations held by:
- Azer ALIYEV, Chairman, Azerbaijan Insurance Association
- Azer BAYRAMOV, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Finance
- Ziyad SAMEDZADE, Member of Parliament of Azerbaijan
- Chingiz MEHDIYEV, Chairman of the Management Board, AZ Re Reinsurance Company, Azerbaijan
- Sergiu COSTACHE, President Media XPRIMM
- Namik KHALILOV, Head of State Insurance Supervision Service, Ministry of Finance, Azerbaijan
- Mariusz WICHTOWSKI, President, Council of Bureaux
- Capitolina TOURBINA, Director of Russia Representative Office, GEN Re
- Elkhan GULIYEV, Chairman, Compulsory Insurance Bureau, Azerbaijan
- Zafar VOKHIDOV, Commercial Property Manager, CIS and Georgia, CHARTIS Insurance, Russia
- Roumen GALABINOV, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Bulgarian Association of Insurance Brokers
- Menekse UCAROGLU, President of the Board, IUC, Turkey
The final section of the AIIF's first day will put in the spotlight the reinsurance perspectives in the Caucasus countries and Middle Asia.
A Gala dinner offered by AzRe and UNITY Re will end the day, offering extended networking opportunities. Tomorrow the Forum will continue, with two sections dedicated to life insurance and insurance distribution.