VIG's key indicators for the 2018 financial year were:
- premium income: EUR 9.7 billion (+3%);
- profit (before taxes): EUR 485 million (+10%);
- combined ratio: 96% (down 0.7 percentage points);
- solvency ratio: 239% (+19 percentage point);
- financial result: EUR 1,037 million (+12%).
The sustainability of VIG's life and health insurance businesses is reflected in the 5.1% increase in embedded value to EUR 4.1 billion at 31 December 2018 (compared with an adjusted value for 2017 of EUR 3.9 billion).
The value gain of EUR 199 million in financial 2018 was mainly due to the conclusion of profitable new business with a margin of 4.4%. As in previous years, VIG recorded good margins in CEE, at 6.6%.
"After beating our forecasts we've raised our targets for 2019 and 2020. We will maintain our focus on growth, and we want to capitalise on opportunities and potential in order to broaden our presence. Our aim is not only to take a forward-looking commercial approach; above all, we want to follow a sustainable path," explained Elisabeth STADLER, CEO of VIG.