BOSNIA, 3Q2013: Premiums up by 3.5% y-o-y

12 December 2013 — Vlad BOLDIJAR
BOSNIA, 3Q2013: Premiums up by 3.5% y-o-y
bosnia-statisticsAt the end of September 2013, the total value of gross written premiums by insurance companies active in the two administrative entities that formed Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH - Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and RS - Republika Srpska) increased to EUR 202 million, up by 3.5% y-o-y.

According to the financial figures published by the two market authorities (NADOS - Insurance Supervisory Agency of FBiH and AZORS - Insurance Agency of RS), 73.7% of the total GWP were made by the insurance companies which are registered in the FBiH (or EUR 149 million) the remaining 27.3% (EUR 53 million) being registered by the RS's insurers.

Analyzing the aggregate figures for the entire insurance market, the market portfolio consisted of about 17.6% of life insurance - the equivalent of EUR 35.5 million, the remaining 82.4% corresponding to non-life insurance classes. From the general insurance classes, 10.5% of premiums corresponded to property type (EUR 21.3 million) and 60% to motor insurance (Motor Hull and MTPL, summed) - the equivalent of EUR 121 million.

For the whole country, the strongest insurers were three FBiH-based companies: with a market share of 13.4%, SARAJEVO Osiguranje was the market leader, followed by UNIQA (9%) and EUROHERC (8.9%). In 3Q2013, 25 players were active in the insurance market: 14 based in the FBiH and 11 in RS.

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 3Q2013 Bosnia and Herzegovina insurance market statistics.


BiH insurance market indicators (FBiH and RS insurance markets, added-up):
  • Market portfolio (in EUR and BAM)
  • Life and non-life market rankings (GWP/ Claims/ Market shares/ Growth rates)
FBiH insurance market indicators:
  • Market portfolio (in EUR and BAM)
  • Life and non-life market rankings (GWP/ Claims/ Market shares/ Growth rates)
RS insurance market indicators:
  • Market portfolio (in EUR and BAM)
  • Life and non-life market rankings (GWP/ Claims/ Market shares/ Growth rates)

3966 views