The event series is supported by XPRIMM as a Media Partner.
The speakers for the event are:
- Hanna KASKELA, Director of Responsible Investments, VARMA Pension Insurance Company | Finland
- Magnus BILLING, CEO Alecta | Sweden
- Troels BORRILD, Head of Responsible Investments, AkademikerPension | Denmark
Divest or engage?
Asset owners across the globe are facing increasing pressure to deal with the environmental, social and governance issues that their investments may present. Many pension fund executives tout engagement as the way to go, with divestment viewed as a last resort where there is no hope of a company improving their practices.
This session will debate the Nordics approach to being a responsible owner, focusing on environmental issues. The event will address:
- The Nordics approach - is there a preference for divestment or engagement? At what point do you have to walk away from an opportunity?
- Being a good steward - can you be a responsible owner if you divest, allowing less responsibly minded investors to simply purchase these assets instead?
- How are regulatory and industry initiatives, such as TCFD and the SDGs, playing into your own approaches to investment?
- Much focus is put on the environmental side of things - but how are you addressing the social and governmental elements of responsible investment?
A strong desire or urge to wander or travel and explore the world [won-der-luhst]