- reinforce the role of steering and coordination of the Group Head Office towards all the Business Units;
- enhance the levers aimed at achieving the operational efficiency targets of the plan and accelerate the digital transformation of the Group;
- further embed sustainability into the core business, through the implementation of the Group's ESG strategy in investments and products and enriching the culture of sustainability within the Group;
- redefine the organizational and geographical oversight of markets and multi-country lines of business to facilitate coordination and operating synergies.
The following organizational changes will be effective as of September 1st, 2022:
- Marco Sesana, current Country Manager Italy and Global Business Lines, is appointed General Manager in the Group Head Office, overseeing the following functions: Group Chief Transformation Officer, Group Chief Marketing & Customer Officer, Group Chief Investment Officer, Group Life & Health Insurance, Group P&C, Claims and Reinsurance and Group Sustainability and Social Responsibility.
- Giancarlo Fancel, currently Group Chief Risk Officer, is appointed Country Manager Italy. Carlo Ferraresi, currently CEO of Cattolica Assicurazioni, is appointed Group Chief Risk Officer, and joins the GMC.
- A new Business Unit is created, including Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Giovanni Liverani, current Country Manager Germany and Austria & CEE Officer ad interim is appointed as CEO Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Stefan Lehmann, currently Chief Business Officer Exclusive Sales at Generali Deutschland, is appointed Country Manager Germany, reporting to the CEO of the new Business Unit, and joins the GMC.
- All the Global Business Lines - Generali Corporate and Commercial, Generali Employee Benefits and Arte Generali - are aggregated into the new Business Unit France, Europ Assistance and Global Business Lines, headed by Jean-Laurent Granier.