"Consistent with its capital management priorities, Swiss Re continues to focus on ensuring superior capitalisation while remaining committed to its capital return policy and deploying capital to profitable growth opportunities. The Group's capital position remains very strong with a Group SST ratio of 294% as of 1 January 2023. Combined with a positive business outlook, Swiss Re's Board of Directors decided to propose a dividend of USD 6.40 per share", as the reinsurer's representatives mentioned in a statement.
The agenda for the 2023 AGM, published by the Board of Directors of Swiss Re Ltd, includes but is not limited to:
- Proposal for a distribution of an ordinary dividend of USD 6.40 per share for the 2022 financial year.
- Proposal for the re-election of Sergio P. Ermotti as Chairman and a member of the Board of Directors for a one-year term of office until completion of the next AGM.
- Proposal for the re-election of the other members of the Board of Directors for a one-year term of office.
- Proposal for election of Vanessa Lau and Pia Tischhauser as new members of the Board of Directors for a one-year term of office.
- Proposal for the re-election of the members of the Compensation Committee and for the election of Jay Ralph as a new member of the Compensation Committee.
- Approval of the compensation of the Board of Directors and the Group Executive Committee, as well as a consultative vote on the 2022 Compensation Report.
- Proposal to align Swiss Re Ltd's Articles of Association with the revised Swiss Corporate Law.