UZBEKISTAN: O'zbekinvest Hayot growth of paid claims exceeded 62% in 2019

26 February 2020 —
Insurance company O`zbekinvest Hayot summed up its 2019 results, according to which the company's paid claims increased by 62.1% at the end of the year, exceeding UZS 110.4 billion (~EUR 10.4 million), as UZREPORT agency informed.

The insurer's total number of the settled claims increased by 41.6% y-o-y, to 13.5 thousand units. In this context, 97.36% of the total amount of paid claims fell on voluntary insurance classes, while the remaining 2.64% was paid on compulsory types under annuity insurance contracts based on the law "On compulsory insurance of employers' civil liability".

According to 3Q2019 Uzbek market results, O'zbekinvest Hayot, one of the oldest companies on the market, was the leader of the insurance sector, with a share of 18.41%.

* EUR 1 = UZS 10,624.70 (as of 01.01.2020)